Hello from Ryan!

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

OCBrewin

Hello from Ryan!

Post by OCBrewin »

Hey all,

I just joined this forum and am thinking of joining the Club. I have wanted to join one for some time, but just never found one near me really. A little background:

My name is Ryan and I've been brewing for about 5 years or so, 3 years all-grain. I love the hobby and can't help but get deeper and deeper into it every time a batch goes through my system. Luckily I have a supportive wife who also enjoys the product of the hobby, just not the stick mess every time that is tracked through the house. Originally from North County San Diego (Fallbrook), I have been living in the Newport Beach / Huntington Beach area since 2004. I am a Structural Engineer by profession, have a wonderful wife, Bre, and dog named Rasta.

My current set up includes two gas fired keggles for the HLT and BK, and a 10 gallon round cooler MLT with false bottom. I also have a contraption that I built and will share with anyone interested that houses my PID, March Pump and several other components for my RIMS system inside a very compact toolbox. I can't say that I brew any typical styles, as I really like them all! Right now we have an IPA, a Pumpkin Ale and a Cream Ale on tap - with a Berliner Weisse, English Cider, Hoppy Red, Choc. Cherry Porter, and Rye Pale in queue in various fermenters.

I am really interested in becoming part of a more organized form of brewing and would really love to start entering some beers into competitions for feedback. I feel that I am at the point were some unbiased and experienced opinions (i.e. - not just friends that come over for free beer...) are really what I need to expand my skills. Sorry for the long-winded introduction! Happy brewing!! :happybeer:
dhempy

Re: Hello from Ryan!

Post by dhempy »

Welcome Ryan! Glad to have you aboard!

Dan
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Welcome Ryan. We have a pretty good group of brewers here and always welcome new members.

Our next meeting will be in January on one of the Tuesday's (likely the 15th or 22nd). Check back for the exact date.
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

Welcome!

I'm in the middle of a move, leaving Westminster for Riverside. Joining the club was one of the greatest things I could have done for my brewing. The knowledge base is insane. The different angles and methods that are out there, you will take your brewing to another level!
GreyWolf27
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Welcome!

I recommend joining, if for no other reason than that I've tasted some of the beer put out by my fellow brewcommune members, and it's worth the $20!
Brad
backhousebrew

Post by backhousebrew »

Welcome Ryan!
You found the right place. Come on in.
Drink Good Beer!