When do you usually brew?

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

When do you like to start brewing?

Earlier than noon?
84%
12pm to around 2pm?
No votes
3pm to around 5pm?
No votes
Later than 5pm?
16%

Total votes: 19

nevery

When do you usually brew?

Post by nevery »

I personally like to brew in the evenings. What about you?
Thanks.

Last Notable: BullMac's Citra's Last Stand, Fathead Head Hunter, Theakston Old Peculiar, Pliny the Elder! (Courtesy of bwarbiany), Bruery White Chocolate

Anticipating:

lexuschris

Re: When do you usually brew?

Post by lexuschris »

Current schedule between work & family, generally puts my brewdays on Saturday or Sundays, starting early so I can be all done, cleaned up and ready for dinner.

Every once in a while, I will sneak in a Tuesday evening extract batch to fill a fermenter, and it is a lot of fun too! Kinda feels like I'm speeding... ;)
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Evening, typically... I usually stay up late anyway, so starting an AG brew around 6 PM or so, much of the family time I miss during a brew day is after everyone's asleep.

It's not uncommon for me to be finishing my brew day as midnight approaches...
Brad
brahn
Site Admin

Post by brahn »

I've done one 6pm to midnight brewday like bwarbiany. It's not too bad, althought it might be tougher now that its getting colder. Typically I start in the mornings. My favorite way to brew is to take a random day off and brew midweek.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

I'm pretty much the same as Chris for a weekend brew, but I also toss in the Friday evening brew sometimes.
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

I brew on the weekends 99% of the time, I usually start anywhere from 6 am to 10 am. Over the past year, since I started AG brewing, I have been setting up in the driveway on the side of the house. Since I don't have a garage to put everything, the start of my brewday consists of me lugging all of the gear from the spare beadroom out to the driveway. I usually try to get the grain milled the starter made, and the hops weighed out, the night before. Since I am moving this month, My brewday, a week ago, was a double brew. It does make for a long day, in this case it was almost 10 hours, but that is only two hours longer then the day would have been, I did a decoction mash for a Bohemian Pilsner.
GreyWolf27
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

I generally start brewing in the morning. I like to get everything set up the night before, including measuring out my mash and sparge water as well as my grain and hops. In the morning, I can turn on the flame for the mashtun and drink my coffee while I mill my grains. Usually finish up in the early afternoon.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
StarRaptor

Post by StarRaptor »

I'm an early bird most brewdays these days starting around 6. Sometimes I even set up the night before