November Meeting

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

lexuschris

Re: November Meeting

Post by lexuschris »

Since this is a very last minute change due to a circumstance outside our control, I feel we don't have a lot of time to explore options, and I would like to keep the confusion over where we will be meeting to a minimum.

So, let's continue with the backup plan at Slater's 50/50 in Anaheim Hills.

We are all cleared for there, and we will make it work. Here is the address...

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Slater's ... 0&t=m&z=15

See you all there!
:happybeer:
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

JonW wrote:That's awesome Don - and thanks for scrambling to get a last minute location.

As great as Out of the Park is, I'm really digging the fact that we're going to Slaters! :mrgreen:
Me too. Although I've never been to Out of the Park and was looking forward to trying it, I'd say that when the backup plan is Slaters, it's a good day :D
Brad
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

I was going to do a Christmas beer tasting, but I know they won't go for that. I'll bring them just in case, though.
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Thank you to everyone who made it to the club meeting tonight! Especially in lieu of the last minute change of venues! :beer:

We had a nice turn-out, and Slater's 50/50 were awesome hosts! The food was amazing, the service helpful and friendly (thank you Harmony!), and our corner of the bar area was lively, albeit a bit noisey.

In addition, two members of the Barley Bandits found our meeting when OOP had to close last minute, and they are always welcome at our meetings too!

Hope everyone has a great turkey day ahead of them!
:cheers:
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

I still haven't tried Slaters, so I am sorry I missed the meeting. The good news is that I won't be teaching on Tuesday nights next quarter, so I should be able to start making some meetings.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
nevery

Post by nevery »

Excellent meeting! There was some PHENOMINAL beers. It was pretty cool to try the fermentation controlled SimBus. There was mixed reviews which was interesting. Everyone had different results. I'd like to thank Brad W. for the opportunity to do that experiment. I still think I like out of the park better though. Seems like it was hard to hear each other. I also drank too much which made it even harder.

I stayed after and bought a Delirium Tremens. Harmony totally hooked it up, too. She's a sweetheart. (And yes, that's her real name.) Great company, great to meet some new people, excellent service. Excellent beers. Great job guys. Special thanks go to Brad W., Jon, Brian C, Dan, Tim, Mike, and Don. But thank you to everyone that showed up!

EDIT: I'm not sure if I was, but I'm sorry if I was rude to anyone. it's a long story. Thanks for hopefully understanding.

Last Notable: BullMac's Citra's Last Stand, Fathead Head Hunter, Theakston Old Peculiar, Pliny the Elder! (Courtesy of bwarbiany), Bruery White Chocolate

Anticipating:

Ruthless

Post by Ruthless »

I'll be looking forward to my first official club meeting with all of you. I'm sure I'll have a few brews to bring with me that night. Until then, CHEERS!
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Just wanted to point out that this meeting thread was for the 2012 meeting.

The 2013 meeting will be posted in the public 'Cheers' section, usually at the beginning of November.
:cheers:
--LexusChris