Headhunter and white rajah

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

Bullmac

Headhunter and white rajah

Post by Bullmac »

Hello all,

I'm currently on my way to irvine, ca from Cleveland. My wife and I are moving. I brought with me a good amount of cases of headhunter and very small amount of white rajah. If anyone is interested in trading reply with your email. Both headhunter and rajah are fresh. Newest batch before I left!

Thanks
Mike
nevery

Re: Headhunter and white rajah

Post by nevery »

I'd love to trade a Head Hunter; 2 if you have them to spare.I've heard about em many times before. I have no clue what to trade, though. Please let us know what kinds you're interested in. Do they have stone, firestone walker, port brewing in Cleveland? 12oz'ers, right?
[My username]1@gmail.com
Good luck on your trip!

Last Notable: BullMac's Citra's Last Stand, Fathead Head Hunter, Theakston Old Peculiar, Pliny the Elder! (Courtesy of bwarbiany), Bruery White Chocolate

Anticipating:

Bullmac

Post by Bullmac »

I like any DIPA or great IPA. We get stone but no Firestone or port. I love port mongo and wipeout when fresh. I'm really dying to try citra DIPA by kern. I got 2 headys with your name on it. White rajah when fresh is close to zombie dust IMO.

I really want to try some alpine. Haven't had any. I've had the stone anniversaries. Love the drink by. If there's anything you think I'd like being a hop head I'm in. I got 7 fresh cases of headhunter. Going to keep 3-4 and aromatics are good for about a month. Flavor last exceptionally long with this beer. I should be in irvine nov 6th. Shoot me your email if interested.

Thanks,mike
nevery

Post by nevery »

Perfect! I'd like to offer you a Firestone Walker Double Jack DIPA. Up until recently it was my second favorite, but Knuckle Sandwich tastes differently to me lately, so now it's my favorite so far. It's exquisite! Grapefruit, malt and sweet, all at once. 9.5% ABV, But you'll never know it. 94 at beeradvocate and 100 at ratebeer.

Most of Port's brews are pretty common here, but to make up for the difference, I'll figure out something else. I'll email you. Thanks Mike. :)

P.S. Tip: cheapest beer in Orange County is Totalwine. You're lucky enough to have one in Irvine, too. :)

Last Notable: BullMac's Citra's Last Stand, Fathead Head Hunter, Theakston Old Peculiar, Pliny the Elder! (Courtesy of bwarbiany), Bruery White Chocolate

Anticipating:

bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

You know, I was about to reply and say that I'd love to try something like this but never have exclusive enough to be worth trading. Most of the time, if I buy something rare, I drink it pretty quickly. But then I remembered that I have a 22oz bottle of Firestone Walker 2012 Parabola sitting in the fridge and I almost never drink imperial stouts.

So I'd be up for a trade. Given that it looks like both the Headhunter & White Rajah are 12oz, would a bottle of Parabola be a fair trade for one of each?

I'd also suggest that if you're coming to the Nov. club meeting (Nov 20, I think), people are often bringing in either homebrew or commercial for bottle shares... Bringing something we can't get here in CA (<cough>threefloyds</cough>) is always encouraged :lol:
Brad
Bullmac

Post by Bullmac »

Hi Brad,

Not sure why I just notice this reply from you.

I drank all I had left of rajah. My bad. But I gave Nev a case of Headhunter. I have another case if your interested. I actually have 3 cases left and am afraid they are starting to loose aroma etc. I'd much rather someone else be able to enjoy it than to go to waste. Let me know if your interested.

I'm more of a hop guy myself to be honest. Maybe if you happen to come across some great stuff at a store or something, you could give me the heads up. I'd love to get ahold of some Alpine but can't believe there isn't too much up here!

Let me know! Great meeting last time at Slaters. I'll bring some of my brew for the next meeting!

Thanks,
Mike