Keg & Accessory Supply site

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

lexuschris

Keg & Accessory Supply site

Post by lexuschris »

Hey all,

I have not tried http://www.kegoutlet.com myself, but they are reaching out to various homebrew clubs and are offering some discounts!

10% Off Coupon Code - CLUBKEG10 - Valid through 10/31/2012
5% Off Coupon Code - CLUBKEG5 - Valid indefinitely

If anyone has tried them in the past, please let us know your experience!

:happybeer:
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
DrDually

Re: Keg & Accessory Supply site

Post by DrDually »

Any idea where they are located? With discount, shipping charges may make prices equal to local pricing
Chris aka Dr Dually
drdually@att.net

Life is tough. It is even tougher when you are stupid. John Wayne

Bottled and enjoying: Nada, zip
Kegged: English Brown, American Amber, Double Barrel Ale
Next up: Kolsch
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Based on ship times map .. almost for sure TX or OK. Bigger orders will save on taxes.

Dan
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

I always have to question places that don't openly display where they are located.

The registration of the domain name is a residential address in Moorpark.
brahn
Site Admin

Post by brahn »

They appear to be a subsidiary of Brew PS which offers $3.99 local shipping to local Ventura County home brewers, so Moorpark works.

http://www.brewps.com/
http://www.brewps.com/keg-outlet.html
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

That's cool ... since I'm only a few miles away, I sent them an e-mail to see if local pick up is possible. Will let you know what I find out.

Cheers.

Dan
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Here is the response I got back from Cary Hanson .. the owner: I've asked if pickup includes things besides ingredients.

"Hey Dan, glad you found us. We are in Moorpark. We offer a free local will call pick up at enegren brewery in Moorpark. We make all deliveries Friday night. So you can stop hy there any time Friday-Sunday during their hours, pick up your order and try some tasters of their beer!

As for base malts we do have some in stock. And we are able to get them by the sack from our distributor, we just don't order much of them right now because most of our sales come from pre-packaged kits.

Which malts are you looking for, and how much?

Cheers!

Cary Hanson"
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

I just ordered a dual regulator and manifold from them for my keezer, and within 40 minutes Cary sent me a thank you email. So I think they must be very new, and working very hard on customer service.

Perhaps a big group buy on base malt might be worth doing with them? If they're up in Moorpark, doing this shortly before a club meeting (if Dan is going to come down) or right before SCHF (in case anyone wants to pick up the malt on the return trip) would make a lot of sense...
Brad
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Over the last few days I've continued my e-mail exchange with Cary. Seems to be a straight forward fellow. Prices are in line with most other places so there aren't any real big savings to be had but they are a bit more convenient for me. They don't typically keep grains in stock .. mostly they make up kits so when they order, they are ordering for their kits. I will probably "tag along" with an order occasionally for routine base malts. I was hoping that they would be able to get the Stout Malt but it turns out that because of low demand, no distributors carry it.

Dan