GABF 2012

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

lexuschris

GABF 2012

Post by lexuschris »

Just a shout-out to those few lucky stiffs who are out in Denver over the next few days for the Great American Beer Festival 2012!

I was in Denver last week on business, and met up with my cousin who showed me around a few beer spots in downtown Denver. What an amazing place for beer lovers. Now I really wish I was able to go to GABF this year! I seriously thought about ditching the family and just headin back out this week too! :D

Anyways, have a great time everyone! If you see North River Brewery, tryout their 'Unified Theory' oaked imperial wit! Also keep your eyes peeled for a newer brewery called Hogshead. I didn't get a chance to visit them this trip, but heard lots of folks talking about them.

Prost!
:happybeer:
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
maltbarley

Re: GABF 2012

Post by maltbarley »

Well, I didn't get to either of those places, but Denver is a great beer town. Just within walking distance of the convention center, you can hit a few breweries and lots of great tap houses. I did make it over the Crooked Stave which is an up and coming barrel house. Some great sours and funky beers in their humble place. Also ran into Justin, Tasty and John Palmer there.
ScottK

Re: GABF 2012

Post by ScottK »

Also visited Colorado Cider Company. It was the first cidery I had visited. Not too exciting, but it was interesting to learn how they get their juices flowing. Their 6-variety sampler was free, too. As Tim put it, going there was a no grainer.
I have not yet begun to defile myself.