SCHF 2012 Cheers!

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

Blackcomb

SCHF 2012 Cheers!

Post by Blackcomb »

My first time out there, what a awesome time it was! So many good beers to try (though personally I think we killed it). Got a chance to really sit down and chat with everyone and get to know you all better. What a blast! Looking forward to next year, hopefully next time they get the bus right ha :D

Here is a picture of Tasty enjoying ArrogantDan's German Pils (and almost taking the bar down in the process ha!)
Tasty McDole 2012 SCHF
Tasty McDole 2012 SCHF
tasty_small.jpg (200.59 KiB) Viewed 1637 times
Blackcomb

Re: SCHF 2012 Cheers!

Post by Blackcomb »

maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

I have to agree with you, Tim: I think BrewCommune killed it. I tried to get around and taste at least one beer from each club as well as every beer we had on tap. I hate to be partial as I know there are a ton of great brewers everywhere, but BrewCommune beers are consistently excellent.

A big thanks to Jon for the great bottle washer and new jockey box, Dustin for the awesome BC sandwich board, the Corona Mafia for the decorations and swag that keeps the ladies happy, our club president for doing the arduous task of making sure everyone's beers get good playing time, and every club member for pitching in great beer, snacks, and the time it takes to pull this off.

I'd say this was our best showing, to date, and everything went very well.

Cheers to all for making it a great event!
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Yeah, I think we killed it. We had a number of visitors who said that we were among the best booths of the fest. I think we had heavier traffic, by far, than previous years as well.

Edit: FYI if anyone wants to send me their photos of the fest, I can put them all into one big zipped file and host them...
Brad
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

maltbarley wrote:I'd say this was our best showing, to date, and everything went very well.
No doubt this was our best showing. I think we were all pretty stoked last year when we cobbled together 14 taps of jockey boxes and picnic faucets, but this year with 20 taps and 30 beers was just flat-out incredible. I heard numerous times throughout the day from people that said we had some of the best beers there. As the afternoon went on, I became less interested in browsing the other clubs beers because we had so many good ones on our own taps that I needed to sample.

Dustin's sandwich board sign was a great addition to highlight our booth. For next year, we really need to get an overhead banner also. I can work on some designs for that. Maybe that is something Dustin can help with printing as well or I can source it. BrianC had the idea of making a large chalkboard tap menu like he did for Bru Grill. I think a couple more new additions like this will continue to draw attention to our club.

Something to vent about.... It seemed this year, more than previous ones, that there were many non-homebrewers there just to get their drunk on. I enjoy the discussions with fellow brewers about the beers we're serving and it became pretty obvious when asking some of the people how they liked the beers or what their favorite was that they had no idea about homebrewing. They were just there to consume large quantities of beer. I don't know if the festival committee even cares about this, and I may be alone in my opinion on this, but I'd like to see some way of limiting the crowd to only those that have affiliations with homebrew clubs.

For those of our club that did not make it this year, you really missed out on a great time. For those of you who have never gone, you really need to experience this at least once.
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

Sounds like it was a really great time, sorry I missed it. Was planning on attending CBC but missed that too :-(
JonW wrote: Something to vent about.... It seemed this year, more than previous ones, that there were many non-homebrewers there just to get their drunk on. I enjoy the discussions with fellow brewers about the beers we're serving and it became pretty obvious when asking some of the people how they liked the beers or what their favorite was that they had no idea about homebrewing. They were just there to consume large quantities of beer. I don't know if the festival committee even cares about this, and I may be alone in my opinion on this, but I'd like to see some way of limiting the crowd to only those that have affiliations with homebrew clubs.

For those of our club that did not make it this year, you really missed out on a great time. For those of you who have never gone, you really need to experience this at least once.
This is a big pet peeve for me and also one of the reasons I like the OC Brew HaHa: limited tastings so people don't get so obliterated.
Blackcomb

Post by Blackcomb »

Yeah I didn't understand that either Jon as far as randoms running around who CLEARLY couldn't handle the amount of beer they drank. Pretty sad and even more poor that some of these were wearing their club shirts. I'd be embarrassed for sure.

I love the sign up top of the tent idea as well. Some of the clubs had some pretty cool ones out!
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Congratulations and thanks to everyone who came up to Lake Casitas this weekend and helped make this a terrific showing for BrewCommune! :happybeer:

The booth looked amazing & festive! Decorations, chili peper necklaces, sombrerro hats, fake mustaches, etc. were perfect! The sandwich board & acetate logos on our jockey boxes & beer boards were a great touch!

The booth was very well organized, with kegs & taps laid out for easy access. 20 taps was quite a feat and very much appreciated! The new jockey box even had some fans who took photos to show their clubs back home!

The 30 beers we had on tap were amazingly good! We did have many comments from visitors about our beers as they came back to try another and another. Our quality consistencey accross the board is something everyone should be proud of! Way to go! :D

Finally, thanks for all the help in setting up, breaking down and taking care of details around the booth and around the camp. It was great having just about everyone around the Fox campsite and getting to spend time kicking back with you all! (and your significant others!)

The brewers make the club, and our's is excellent!
:cheers:
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

This was a great year for fest. I'm glad all the rookies had a good time. I posted all the pics from my wife's camera here.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's