hey everyone

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

kevinham

hey everyone

Post by kevinham »

New guy here, the name's Kevin. I have already talked to some of you through PM, and have been lurking around the boards as a guest for a while, and this is a really cool group of people. I am looking forward at meeting you at the next club meeting, or around Hollingshead's or something (I have probably seen some of you there already).

Well I have been brewing with a buddy of mine for a couple months now, got a few batches under my belt. My latest was a Black IPA (somewhat based on the Stone XI Anniversary recipe) that we brewed a couple days ago.

My username on beeradvocate.com and homebrewtalk.com is findthefish, so say hi if you are on there too

Kevin
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

Hey Kevin, welcome aboard. Orange must be some kind of homebrew mecca. It's surprising how many of us on this board live there.
Rezzin

Re: hey everyone

Post by Rezzin »

kevinham wrote:New guy here, the name's Kevin. I have already talked to some of you through PM, and have been lurking around the boards as a guest for a while, and this is a really cool group of people. I am looking forward at meeting you at the next club meeting, or around Hollingshead's or something (I have probably seen some of you there already).

Well I have been brewing with a buddy of mine for a couple months now, got a few batches under my belt. My latest was a Black IPA (somewhat based on the Stone XI Anniversary recipe) that we brewed a couple days ago.

My username on beeradvocate.com and homebrewtalk.com is findthefish, so say hi if you are on there too

Kevin
Welcome aboard Kevin!
Image New Brew Club, Free Photo hosting, Yeast Library, Forum
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

Welcome!

I wish Hollingshead would stay open late enough for me to visit more often or for that matter, hold a BC meeting there.
brew captain

Post by brew captain »

Welcome Kevin!

What did you add to get the "blackness" in your IPA? Dehusked Carafa or a more traditional malt(s)?

Cheers!
Oskaar

Post by Oskaar »

Welcome to BC dude. Hope you join up and bring some brew on our next brew day.

Cheers,

Oskaar
Don't go into the Pimped-Out-Refrigerator Jack!
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Welcome... When I moved back to CA from GA last year, I ended up finding this club as my first homebrew club. I had previously learned everything I knew from beeradvocate.

So far I've picked up a lot more information, and met a lot of good people. Make sure you find your way to the SCHF this May!

The only thing I can say is that this place might cost you some money, as there always seems to be fellow members here selling things I desperately need (BTW Tim, the counterflow chiller worked great on Sunday!)...
Brad
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Welcome Kevin!

Glad you chimed in. By all means, meet the guys at a meeting / brew day. We'll look forward to seeing more posts from you!

Dan
kevinham

Post by kevinham »

Brew Captain wrote:Welcome Kevin!

What did you add to get the "blackness" in your IPA? Dehusked Carafa or a more traditional malt(s)?

Cheers!
Yeah, I used debittered Carafa Special III. Also some Crystal 60L, but it was the carafa that made it black of course.

It was an extract recipe, but if you want it I can pass it along. After the first sample it was pretty tasty. We overshot the OG like crazy. Little bit too much DME, but that's OK, should be over 10% now.
spkrtoy

Post by spkrtoy »

Hey Kevin, Welcome!

I hope you'll attend our meeting next month and meet up with some of us.

I guess Orange is the mecca of brewers in Orange County!
Cheers,
Lyn
Everybody has the right to be stupid. Some people abuse the privilege.

I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it.
What I don't Know Far out weighs what I do.
kevinham

Post by kevinham »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I definitely plan on checking out the next meeting, and I will probably bring my friend that I always brew with too.

I look forward to learning a lot from all of you!
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Great avatar !

Dan
kevinham

Post by kevinham »

dhempy wrote:Great avatar !

Dan
Haha, thanks. We were doing a touch and go at Redlands Municipal Airport. We spotted that K-MAX on takeoff, and went right back down and landed to take pictures of it. What a beast that thing was.
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

I used to fly out of Riverside .. did lots of T&Gs at Corona and Redlands.

That heli is a monster allright. Worth going back for the shot.

Cheers!

Dan