wanted; cheap cornies

Old posts and such end up here. This forum is still visible.

Moderator: Post Moderators

nico soze

wanted; cheap cornies

Post by nico soze »

Anyone got a wife nagging him to do something with all those damned kegs? I just bought a kegerator super cheap and all I need is a couple kegs and I can get started. Can't find nothing under $50 online.
backyard brewer

Re: wanted; cheap cornies

Post by backyard brewer »

nico soze wrote:Anyone got a wife nagging him to do something with all those damned kegs? I just bought a kegerator super cheap and all I need is a couple kegs and I can get started. Can't find nothing under $50 online.
Based on the quick checks I just did with B3 and CHI Company, it looks like you better jump on $50 kegs if you can actually get them.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Everyone wants cheap corny kegs. Problem is, they don't exist any longer. You need to just start checking Craigslist continuously.

I prefer the ball lock ones, but there are some deals out there on pin locks. One of the problems with the pin locks though is that they are just a tad shorter and wider than the ball locks and that causes fitment issues for most kegerators. Where you could get 3 ball locks in a kegerator, you might only get 2 pin locks.

Too bad you weren't looking last year at this time when I had 125 of them!
tikitatt

Post by tikitatt »

JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Here's 3 pin locks in SFV for $100 total.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/fo ... 39363.html
JonGoku

Post by JonGoku »

Sadly I may have a few up for sale shortly. I got zero brews in last year and this year doesn't look much better. With the wife is hounding me to clean up the garage I have decided the brew equipment should probably go... :shock: :( :cry:
Once I do an inventory of what I've got I'll start another thread.

Cheers

-Jonathan
Jon Image
nico soze

Post by nico soze »

i feel kinda bad. most of my brewing equipment i got from someone who had to quit for one reason or another.
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

JonGoku wrote:Sadly I may have a few up for sale shortly. I got zero brews in last year and this year doesn't look much better. With the wife is hounding me to clean up the garage I have decided the brew equipment should probably go... :shock: :( :cry:

Cheers

-Jonathan
Sorry to hear that! Good to see you around again, sorry for this reason...
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

JonGoku wrote:Sadly I may have a few up for sale shortly. I got zero brews in last year and this year doesn't look much better. With the wife is hounding me to clean up the garage I have decided the brew equipment should probably go... :shock: :( :cry:

Cheers

-Jonathan
Good to hear from you Jon! Sorry that you will be *TEMPORARILY* putting this hobby on the back burner. :) It is always something that you can come back to... especially after the little ones get a bit older...

:cheers:
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
JonGoku

Post by JonGoku »

Thanks guys, yeah a bit bummed about it myself, so I may find my way back again another day. At least I'll know a lot more if/when I begin to collect brew equipment again.

Got another couple of hours cleaning done yesterday but didn't really get into the brew closet. I did tally up a large amount of empty :evil: crown cap bear bottles.
Jon Image
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

FYI....

William's Brewing - Used Ball-Lock Corney Kegs .. $43.90 until 2/25/12.

Cleaned & pressure tested... If anyone is still looking ..
---LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields