Sanke kegs and fermenter kit

Old posts and such end up here. This forum is still visible.

Moderator: Post Moderators

ScottK

Sanke kegs and fermenter kit

Post by ScottK »

I've got two Sanke kegs for sale along with a Brewers Hardware Sanke keg fermenter kit (with thermowell). The kegs are intact and have not been cut. Any reasonable offer will be accepted.
I have not yet begun to defile myself.
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Re: Sanke kegs and fermenter kit

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

Exactly what do you considerable reasonable? Isn't my friendship enough?
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
ScottK

Post by ScottK »

Yes, Brad it is. I'll deliver them tonight.

I'm actually going to use the fermenter kit now. Found a smaller keg and it will work with my setup.
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

ScottK wrote:Yes, Brad it is. I'll deliver them tonight.

I'm actually going to use the fermenter kit now. Found a smaller keg and it will work with my setup.
If I didn't already have two kegs to ferment in already, I would take you up on this offer. For anyone else in the club that is still fermenting in plastic, this is a great way to go especially if you are doing 10 gallon batches. If you want more into, see the Brewers Hardware site.

If you have concerns about cleaning or sanitizing the kegs, talk to me at a club meeting and I will walk you through it.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

BrewMasterBrad wrote:
ScottK wrote:Yes, Brad it is. I'll deliver them tonight.

If I didn't already have two kegs to ferment in already, I would take you up on this offer. For anyone else in the club that is still fermenting in plastic, this is a great way to go especially if you are doing 10 gallon batches. If you want more into, see the Brewers Hardware site.

If you have concerns about cleaning or sanitizing the kegs, talk to me at a club meeting and I will walk you through it.
Agreed with Lager Brad here... I've been using this setup for years now, and if I had another spare fridge to ferment MORE beer in (or time to brew that beer), I'd jump on this.

One of the other things I like about this setup is that it becomes very easy to transfer under CO2 pressure rather than a gravity siphon. That means I can leave the fermenter in my fermenting fridge, cold crash to reduce sediment, and never have to physically move the fermenter when it comes time to fill kegs. So I don't kick up the yeast cake and my transfer is much more clear without filtering.

If you're fermenting in either plastic or in glass carboys, I think you'd find this a good upgrade.
Brad
ScottK

Post by ScottK »

Thanks Brad W. I remembered that you had been/are using this set up. I will message you if I have any problems. Thanks for the info.