2011 California Homebrewers Festival

What's happening in the beer world and where.

Moderator: Post Moderators

lexuschris

2011 California Homebrewers Festival

Post by lexuschris »

Hey all,

I just wanted to get the word out that the 2011 California HomeBrewers Festival is coming up on April 30th at the Lake Casistas Recreation Center.

For anyone who wishes to come up, they just need to sign up at the California HomeBrewers Assoc.. They sponser the event, and membership is all you need to enjoy hundreds of different homebrewer's creations. (Last year, I met one guy at 7pm Saturday nite, who makes it his goal to have a small sample of every single homebrew there... yeahhhh... riggghhhhhtttt!) They have live music, great food, and the site is really laid back & beautiful!

If you make it up, please stop by the BrewCommune taps at The Bruery truck and say 'howdy'! :D

See ya there!
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
lexuschris

Re: 2011 California Homebrewers Festival

Post by lexuschris »

The homebrew fest is exactly 1 week away! Yeah!

Brewcommune will not be at the truck this year, but at our own booth! Stop by and check out any of the 2 dozen brews we'll have on hand, and then make your way around hundreds of other amazing home brewed creations!

Seriously, there is a little bit of everything at the fest! Hope to see everyone there! :happybeer:
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
lexuschris

Re: 2011 California Homebrewers Festival

Post by lexuschris »

From the California Homebrewers Association:

Only One Week Until Fest!

Many of you bought your memberships before much Homebrew Festival information was available, so here is an update.

It is looking like another record year for the SCHF, with 30 brewclubs participating. Since last year, we have welcomed four new clubs: Firkin A, The Brewing Network, Cal Poly Brew Crew, and Homebrew Provisions Brewers.

We've added a third shuttle bus to improve the service.

The Friday afternoon beer tasting at the Ojai Beverage Company will sample the unique beers of Mikkeller Brewery, and brewmaster, Mikkel Borg Bjergsø.

The Friday night Brandy tasting encompases everything from colorless eau de vie to absinthe to rich cognac. A few tickets are still available for both tastings.

In addition to the Club Bragging Rights beer competition and beer served by the clubs,

three fantastic commercial craft brewers will be serving and discussing their latest creations.

(Sorry. As always, we are not allowed to advertise who they are!)

Peter Bouckaert, the brewmaster at New Belgium Brewing will speak on "Belgian brewing techniques from an historical perspective."

Tyler King , the head brewer at The Bruery, will speak on "brewing high alcohol beers."

And of course we've got great music. Guy Martin will play Friday. Steve Casselman, Robert Jon and the Wreck, and The Maltose Falcons Brews Band play on Saturday.

If you need just a tentsite (as opposed to a formal campsite), you can purchase a spot close to the fest site when you arrive at Lake Casitas. No reservation is required. Ask for a spot in the Teacup areas.

Remember, memberships are not sold at the gate. Memberships and tasting tickets are sold only on the website, which will close down next Friday at noon. For detailed information about CHA and the Southern California Homebrewers Festival go to calhomebrewers.org.