Irvine Brew Festival (BrewHaHa) 9/11

What's happening in the beer world and where.

Moderator: Post Moderators

backyard brewer

Irvine Brew Festival (BrewHaHa) 9/11

Post by backyard brewer »

Is anyone else going? If you enter code VERGD at checkout you upgrade to a VIP ticket for free ($10 value):

http://ocbrewfest.com/
brianc

Re: Irvine Brew Festival (BrewHaHa) 9/11

Post by brianc »

I am going with a few friends. The code "BREWFB" does the same thing.
rex

Post by rex »

I'm going. It's a little disappointing that the discount code was offered after a lot of people bought tickets. Basically since I was interested enough in the event to buy tickets early I won't be rewarded with a free VIP upgrade.
-Dave
StarRaptor

Post by StarRaptor »

I was going to go but SurlyFest is the next weekend :happybeer:
backyard brewer

rex wrote:I'm going. It's a little disappointing that the discount code was offered after a lot of people bought tickets. Basically since I was interested enough in the event to buy tickets early I won't be rewarded with a free VIP upgrade.
You might try sending an email. Sounds like the organizer really wants this to be successful and to continue in subsequent years.
backyard brewer

This was a really good time and very well done I think. Not to many hammered drunks (in fact, I didn't see any but I heard 1 guy hurled on the way out) The venue was really nice, huge shade trees. I never realized the old Lion Country Safari grounds were still so intact. I just assumed they'd been taken down dacades ago.

I tasted lots of good beers and a few not-so-good beers. It was nice talking to Tim from Craft Brewers from Lake Elsinore. He's one of the 4 guys from Temecula Valley Brewers that started that little Nano Brewery over there. Welp, it was nice to hear they've been forced to move up from their 1.5 bbl brewery and are taking delivery of a 16 bbl full skid brew-house and four 20bbl fermenters next week. Stone picked them up for distribution as well.

I've always been a fan of Mammoth Brewing and was really happy to see they brought the Double Nut Brown Ale with them, that's probably one of my favorite commercial beers. I talked with Sean from Anderson Valley for a bit and did a side-by-side with their canned beer and draft. I couldn't tell them apart.

The Bruery had big lines as can be expected. There was a great BBQ food server that had one of those huge tow-behind snmoker setups, My tri-tip sandwhich was great and teh wife loved the ribs.

Anyway, I really recommend this event next year. Dave Moody said he thought they might try for an early Spring date as well. A very good time.

Derrin
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Soccer schedules kept me from this year's again... <sigh> Sounds like a great event! Will have to double my efforts for next year!
:D
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
backhousebrew

Post by backhousebrew »

Greetings from Brew Ha Ha!
Great event at the old Lion Country Safari. No lions but I think there might have been a few cougars.
[img]
Stone(1).JPG
[/img]
So many breweries. Some newer ones that I didn't know existed.
Great tasting beers, good food from the Side Door in Corona Del Mar, good weather, well behaved crowd, good music too.
[img]
Band.JPG
[/img]
See you there next year!
Drink Good Beer!
oc eric

Post by oc eric »

Um...Don, the two ladies in the picture might *technically* qualify as Cougars, but I would not count them. :lol:
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk with his fools. - Hemingway
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

Sorry I missed it. Had a wedding to attend. Maybe next year.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
backyard brewer

oc eric wrote:Um...Don, the two ladies in the picture might *technically* qualify as Cougars, but I would not count them. :lol:
ROFLOL!!!
backhousebrew

Post by backhousebrew »

I don't know who those women in the picture are so it's best to remove it now. If there were any cougars there, it's a good thing for me that they go for younger prey.
Drink Good Beer!
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

backhousebrew wrote:I don't know who those women in the picture are so it's best to remove it now. If there were any cougars there, it's a good thing for me that they go for younger prey.
Yes, I believe that "Silverbacks" are poisonous to Cougars and thus, they avoid them like the plague.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's