Churchill's San Marcos

What's happening in the beer world and where.

Moderator: Post Moderators

backyard brewer

Churchill's San Marcos

Post by backyard brewer »

I thought I'd post this here for those of you not on the Churchill's email list. If you're not familiar with Churchill's it's a small pub down in San Marcos not far from Stone. The owner, Ivan, is all about beer and it's a cool place (steel tip dart boards, pool etc) I've been to a couple Jack Daniel's Single Barrel Dinners down there. Here's his email and some events:
Ivan @ Churchill's wrote:Pubfolk,

Boy oh boy, what a quarter it has been. The 50 taps are finally up. It has been a long, arduous process that I would not care to repeat. They say you get wiser the older you get…. I’m not sold on that one(I’ll let you know when I stop curling up in the fetal position, sucking my thumb and crying in my office). The system is working out great and the reception has been stellar. I wanted to wait to announce it as we wanted to work out any kinks that might crop up.

This Super Bowl Sunday, we are co-hosting the Winter Storm Vintage beer release with Stone Brewing Company and The Neighborhood(downtown SD). The posters and other marketing seem to be confusing, so yes, we will have 28 vintage Stone Brewing beers on Sunday and beyond. The partial draft list being Brewdog Bashah collaboration, Nogne-O Holiday Ale collaboration, Juxtaposition, Mikkeller/Alesmith/Stone Tripel, Stone Anniversary Ales 7,9,12,13, Stone Barleywine 2007, 2009,2010, Belgo Barleywine, Cali-Belgique, Imperial Stout 2004,2009, Vertical Epic , 060606,070707,080808,090909, Stone Smoked Porter with Chipotle, Stone Smoked Porter with vanilla bean on cask. Stone Ruination with Columbus hops on cask as well. Yes, this is just a partial! Most of these should be on throughout the week.

I’m proud to announce our grand reopening party on March 6th, 2010. It will be called Churchill’s Renaissance. We will be putting on one of the most epic draft lists ever. Here is a teaser for some of the draft beers….Alesmith Bourbon Barrel Aged Speedway Stout, Alesmith Decadence 2009, Russian River Temptation, Consecration, Supplication…. The whole list is like this. We will have a cask of Ballast Point’s Victory at Sea aged with Ballast Point Spirits Whiskey soaked French oak chips. I’ll release the full lineup closer to the event. We will be opening a bunch of 6 Liter bottles during the day as well. We will be providing some free food as well. I will be writing a follow up email just for this event. It is called the Renaissance as we are changing a lot of things here at Churchill’s other than the draft list.

Save the dates!! We will be tentatively doing beer and food pairings with Ballast Point on February 24th, and will be doing one with Green Flash on March 24th, and with Dogfish Head in April.

Ivan Derezin, publican
Churchill's Pub and Grille
887 W San Marcos Blvd
San Marcos, CA 92078
Phone:(760)471-8773
Fax:(877)471-0334
Twitter: churchills
Oskaar

Re: Churchill's San Marcos

Post by Oskaar »

These guys also have the best fish and chips I've had in a very long time, and the portions are large. Great beer selection and a pretty cozy atmosphere.

Cheers,

Pete
Don't go into the Pimped-Out-Refrigerator Jack!